Monday, January 9, 2012

New Policy

I'm going to start documenting our adventures raising Little Man, our fun, intense, challenging, smart, impulsive boy.  I'll get you caught up eventually, but for now I'm just going to start with today.

On Friday we got a call from the daycare that going forward, if he hurts someone, we will get a call and he will need to be picked up immediately.  I knew we wouldn't get far into this week.  Day 1 of the new policy he made it until 3:30.  He punched a friend in the face after a skirmish over a book.

He was still a bit aggravated when I got there and gave me attitude because he'd been warned on Friday that he was going to have to work for me if he was sent home early.  The policy is that he has to work until Daddio and Sprout get home from school.  By the time we got home he'd decided upon a healthy snack (string cheese and whole grain toast).  He's currently scrubbing the kitchen table and chairs.  I'm not sure what I'm going to have him scrub after that - he's going a little faster than I would like but the attention to detail of a 4-year-old is not the best.  So basically it's a full-time job for me to think of jobs for him to do and manage him.

I might need to get a small vacuum cleaner.

No comments:

Post a Comment